- A spacer is a hand held, portable valved holding chamber (VHC), that is placed between a pressurised metered dose inhaler (pMDI) or puffer and the patient’s mouth, to function as a reservoir from which medication is dispensed, in order to minimise delivery of large aerosolised particles. By holding the medication after aerosolisation, the spacer reduces the direct delivery of large, aerosolised particles which would otherwise deposit in the mouth and which are intended for the lower airways.
- A spacer is designed to improve the delivery of aerosolised asthma and COPD medication from puffers, into the small airways deep within the lungs, where it is needed the most.
- Spacers can be used with most standard puffers and it is suitable for use with children and adults.
No. You do not need to prime your Breath-A-Tech® Anti-static spacer before use.
You should replace your spacer within 12 months of first use.
Cleaning and Product Maintenance
- The Breath-A-Tech® Anti-Static Spacer can be used straight out of the pack then it should be cleaned at least once a month, or more often if required.
- The Breath-A-Tech® Anti-Static Spacer can be cleaned in a dishwasher at up to 70 degrees Celsius.
- For cleaning instructions, refer to the instructions for use leaflet.
- If you are unsure on how to clean your Breath-A-Tech® Anti-static Spacer, contact Medical Developments International on (03) 9547 1888 or email: email@example.com.